What can Undet for SketchUp do for you?
Undet empowers SketchUp users to use point clouds in their workflows seamlessly and opens up new possibilities for increased productivity and creativity.
The ultimate tool for turning point clouds into 3D models. Get a first look at the new and powerful Undet features
Undet’s plug-in for SketchUp offers an intuitive workflow that is easy to learn & simple to master. Using the feature-rich interface, you will be able to quickly and accurately model complex interiors and exteriors, extract objects from point clouds, and significantly reduce processing time.
Quick and easy point cloud slicing tools with slice volume adjustment. Including an automated tool to create a point cloud clipping box around selected SketchUp entities.
Auto feature extraction tools to extract planes, boxes, room volume, corner lines, pipes center lines & diameter.
Automatic entities fitting tools to fit horizontal planes, roof planes and actual planes to point cloud points.
Profile builder tool that automates architectural profile vectorization and modelling.
Ground terrain surface meshing tools from unclassified point clouds, and Digital Terrain Model (DTM) tool to build a mesh from filtered ground surface points.
Automatic orientation of SketchUp axes to point clouds.
Smart snapping tools to draw SketchUp objects by snapping to point cloud points, by automatically recognizing the orientation of the plane being drawn, whether vertical or horizontal.
Automatic texturing tools to apply texture generated from a point cloud for one or multiple planes at once.
Automatic view sync feature to orientate view from the nearest scan stations in Undet Browser to unclear view of point cloud slice with a single click.
Quick access to point cloud viewer to view and analyze your 3D reality data in a way that feels like being live on site.
Tool to save point cloud views to native SketchUp Scenes.
Point cloud colouring rendering mode by reference plane in fixed intervals to quickly understand changes in geometry to draw or identify missing lines/objects.
Model inspection colouring mode to check 3D model accuracy and identify missed details with real-time point cloud visualization while modelling.
Model Inspection QC Report generation tools to compare 3D models against point cloud and view report in Undet browser based on 360-degree scan station images.
Fast and easy point cloud data import from any terrestrial and mobile mapping system, UAV, or photogrammetry software. Supported formats: *.E57, *.FLS, *.RCP/RCS, *.PTX, *.ZFS,*.LAS, *.LAZ, *.PTS, *.PLY, *.DP, *.FPR, *.LSPROJ, *.FWS, *.CL3, *.CLR, *.RSP and custom ASCII / TXT file format imports.
Point cloud visualization with multiple colour modes: by source (RGB), by intensity, by plane, by Z (height), by scan stations, and by additional transparency mode.
Optimized to maintain high computer and software performance even when working with large amounts of point cloud datasets (hundreds or even thousands of scan stations/files).
Coordinate system manager to move & rotate your point cloud quickly and align scan data to the 3D model or shift it to optimized coordinates to avoid screen glitching when working with georeferenced point clouds.
Toggling tools scan stations/files/logical classes in no time, with an intelligent indicator to quickly identify the densest scan file in the active point cloud slice.
Logical class management tools to reclassify the point cloud and manage the visibility of each logical class.
English, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese and South Korean languages are available.
Without Automatic Renewal.
€41 /month, billed annually.
€33 /month, billed upfront.
Download Undet and start reaping the benefits!
* Undet works with SketchUp Pro (Windows only).
Undet for SketchUp is a remarkable extension that offers an unmatched level of functionality by enabling you to seamlessly manipulate point clouds, or 3D scan data, directly within SketchUp. This powerful tool is especially beneficial for architects, engineers, and construction (AEC) professionals, as it simplifies the process of creating 3D models from point clouds. With Undet point cloud plug-in for SketchUp, you can effortlessly extract objects from point clouds, significantly reduce modelling time, and produce high-quality deliverables for point cloud-related projects with pinpoint accuracy.
When it comes to importing point cloud data into SketchUp, there are two excellent options to consider: the Undet and Scan Essential plugins. These plugins offer essential features such as effortless and fast point cloud data import, multi-colour point cloud visualization, point cloud viewing and slicing tools, and 3D model inspection tools. Additionally, they provide the ability to draw and snap directly onto the point cloud and use move and rotate tools to align scan data with the 3D model.
Undet, the SketchUp point cloud plug-in, offers unparalleled functionality, allowing you to effortlessly import point cloud files from a wide range of sources, including 3D laser scanners, UAVs, 3D sensors, and photogrammetry software, directly into SketchUp. With its advanced features, Undet makes it easy to work with various point cloud formats, including *.E57, *.FLS, *.RCP/RCS, *.PTX, *.ZFS, *.LAS, *.LAZ, *.PTS, *.PLY, *.DP, *.FPR, *.LSPROJ, *.FWS, *.CL3, *.CLR, *.RSP, and ASCII / NEZ (X,Y,Z/i/RGB), as well as custom ASCII / TXT file formats.
Point clouds in SketchUp can be used for a variety of purposes throughout the project life cycle for design, construction, operation, retrofits, and renovation projects:
- Digitize the existing building or any structure, and make it 3D model or 2D drawings (accurate as-built documentation).
- Plan and design. Point clouds can be used as base information about existing conditions by providing detailed information for planning and designing new construction or infrastructure projects.
- Visualize ideas and see how they will fit and affect the existing environment. Point clouds provide a realistic 3D representation of the scanned object or environment.
- Carry out engineering assessments and measurements. You can analyze and measure volume, area, or distance between point cloud points SketchUp.
Cutting the point cloud is not only possible, but it is also necessary when working with it. Nevertheless, you are using a very tiny point cloud, which does not need to be cropped, and everything is clearly visible.
It is better to avoid point cloud moving, nevertheless, you use specialized tools to transform point cloud coordinates. In other cases, simply moving the point cloud can cause problems: make a lot of analysis, drawing and modeling errors, which will take a long time to correct.
Point cloud geometry cannot be edited, you can only slice and use different colouring modes to represent it.
Unfortunately, it is simply not possible to do everything automatically using SketchUp point cloud tools alone. However, some processes can be fully automated or accelerated using additional SketchUp point cloud plugins.
Using the Undet software, you will be able to perform the following automatic extractions:
- Auto feature extraction tools for 3D modelling: plane detection, box detection, room volume extraction, horizontal plane fittings, roof plane fitting, actual plane fitting and corner line detection.
- Automatic tools to generate a ground surface mesh from a point cloud by filtering out non-ground points. Or use Digital Terrain Model (DTM) tool to build mesh from filtered ground surface points.
- Automatic texturing tools for enriching a model by adding texture created from a point cloud for one or multi planes at once.
- Profile builder tool to automate architectural profiles vectorization and modelling.
- Automatic tool to find the center line and diameter of the pipe on point cloud selection.
And other tools to speed up individual tasks for point cloud processing.
There are three main challenges:
- Maintain high computer and software performance. Working with point clouds can be difficult due to their large size and complexity, and you might need special software such as Undet to handle them efficiently, especially in SketchUp.
- To understand the point cloud and find what need in it. As you may know, point cloud represents a copy of the digital world, and when doing laser scanning, you are capturing everything you see: furniture, people, cars, equipment, absolutely everything available at that time. Therefore, sometimes, it takes more work to understand the 3D point cloud, especially for a new user.
- The last challenge is digitizing point clouds into 2D drawings or 3d models. To do this, you first need to know the process, how it happens, and straightforward specialized tools to make it happen quickly and easily.
You don’t need a high end computer to handle the Undet software. However, there are some technical requirements you should be aware of to ensure optimal performance.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 (64-bit only)
- CPU: 3.0 GHz or faster processor. Multiple CPUs or multicore CPUs recommended for point cloud processing
- RAM: 16 GB or more recommended
- GPU: We recommend using graphical processors like NVidia or AMD with a 3D Graphics accelerator card with OpenGL version 4.4 or newer, and GPU should be with at least 4 GB of VRAM
- Hard Drive: SSD must be used for faster performance
Offering top-notch point cloud software solutions requires technical expertise and experience. That’s where the Undet point cloud plug-in for SketchUp comes in, providing a powerful solution to enhance your point cloud processing and analysis capabilities. Developed by Terra Modus, a leading laser scanning company, Undet understands the challenges users face when trying to turn scanned data into 2D or 3D deliverables.
Specifically designed for users who need advanced point cloud processing and analysis tools, Undet can boost your productivity with its impressive features:
- Efficiently and accurately work with large and complex point clouds.
- Model complex interiors and exteriors, extract objects from point clouds, and create detailed 2D drawings and 3D models with ease.
- Seamlessly integrates within SketchUp, making the most of its interface and features to streamline your workflow.
- Supports various point cloud file formats and scanners, offering you the flexibility and compatibility you need.
- Plus, Undet provides consulting and training services to help you achieve your goals, projects, or overcome any obstacles by leveraging the best practices and solutions available.
- Offers a free trial version for you to test its performance and functionality.
As the year gradually comes to a close, the Undet team is thrilled to kickstart 2024 by offering a special…READ MORE
Undet Browser stands out as a specialized point cloud project viewer developed to speed-up the production of precise 2D, 3D,…READ MORE
The latest update for Undet in ARES Commander 2024.0.3 introduces the following features: Automatic…READ MORE
When it comes to point cloud-related projects, having the right software is crucial for efficiency and productivity. While AutoCAD is…READ MORE
The use of reality capture equipment and point clouds is becoming increasingly popular in the construction industry. This is because…READ MORE
Businesses are continuously looking for novel solutions to improve their operations and gain a competitive edge in today’s technology-driven environment….READ MORE