Hey there, how can we help?
Find the answers to your questions.
If you cannot find answer then contact us.
Setting up drawing plane (UCS) for building facades vectorization in ARES Commander
This tutorial demonstrates choosing and setting up a drawing plane (UCS) for precise elevation vectorization. This technique can also be applied to drawing sections.
Here is a summary of the steps shown in the video:
- Activate the top view and enable the “Greyscale Coloring” option to focus on the geometry.
- Go to the coloring settings and activate transparency for better visualization.
- Use the rectangle tool to select a reference wall. The rectangle vectorization should be oriented to the X and Y axes.
- Type rotate (R) and select the reference wall.
- Move the rectangle to the corner of the building to check its orientation to the internal or external walls.
- Outline the area of interest.
- Leave the reference outline in the floor plan optimization at zero elevation.
- Set the elevation of the reference level using the reference slides.
- Explode the rectangle object to simple lines.
- Set up the elevation projection using the UCS command. Snap to a corner and activate the “F8” ortho mode. Point the Y-axis to the top.
- Save the new UCS with a name, such as “Elevation 1”.
- Deactivate the transparency mode and use the “Clip by Rectangle” tool to create a slice.
- Adjust the orientation of the rectangle tool to match the new UCS.
- Copy the master file and create separate files.
- Repeat the process for additional elevation projections.