Hey there, how can we help?
Find the answers to your questions.
If you cannot find answer then contact us.
How to manually align an Undet point cloud project to a Revit model when there is no RCP (Recap) file attached or the model coordinates have been changed.
To manually align an Undet point cloud project to a Revit model when there is no RCP (Recap) file attached or the model coordinates have been changed, follow these steps:
1. Open the Undet project and the Revit model and press preview in slice manager.
2. Identify distinctive points cloud features that can be easily matched with corresponding elements in the Revit model, such as doorways, windows, or structural elements.
3. In Revit, create reference objects (reference points, reference planes, or reference lines) that align with the points cloud’s identified features.
4. Make necessary adjustments to position, rotate and move the point cloud to achieve alignment with the Revit model based on the identified features.
5. Continuously verify the alignment by comparing additional features in the point cloud with the Revit model.
Fine-tune the alignment as needed to ensure an accurate overlay between the two datasets.
6. Perform similar adjustments for elevation by creating a section view through the building.
7. Create a forward-facing raster image with a small thickness.
8. Make necessary adjustments to position. Fine-tune the alignment to ensure an accurate overlay between the two datasets.
Once the manual alignment is complete, you can proceed with further modelling or analysis tasks in Revit.